Salzburg invites you to rent a car
Fiat PuntoNumber of days: 7100 EurFord FiestaNumber of days: 7100 EurPeugeot 107Number of days: 790 Eur
Mini CabrioNumber of days: 7185 EurFord C-MaxNumber of days: 7110 EurCitroen DS3Number of days: 7105 Eur
BMW X5Number of days: 7265 EurMERCEDES SNumber of days: 7290 EurVW PassatNumber of days: 7155 Eur
Range RoverNumber of days: 7220 EurAudi Q7Number of days: 7230 EurBMW X5Number of days: 7265 Eur
(Русский) Теги “Популярные направления”Number of days:Audi A6Number of days: 7Range RoverNumber of days: 7Audi Q7Number of days: 7Nissan X-trailNumber of days: 7Audi Q5Number of days: 7BMW X5Number of days: 7(Русский) Телефоны в подвалеNumber of days:(Русский) ТелефонNumber of days:Fiat PuntoNumber of days: 7
There is some useful information about car rental in Salzburg. It will definitely come in handy when you travel to this city.
An amazing, romantic, chamber and Mozartian Salzburg is a real brilliant in the crown of the world famous Austrian cities. This is the fourth largest city in the country and part of the UNESCO world heritage. That is why the central part of Salzburg wins the applause of every tourist. It is unconditionally best of all to hire a car straight at the airport. At that all international companies, local companies and brokers work there.
The Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart airport located in Salzburg is not as large as the ones which work in Vienna and Salzburg. However, it is hard to overestimate its significance. This Austrian gateway opens a large number of opportunities for the fans of alpine skis. That is why the winter season is especially populous. It is worth finding a rental car beforehand and taking care of its additional equipment such as roof racks, chains for wheels and in-car navigation system.
In order to accomplish what you have planned and rent a car, you will need to have such things as:
- The international driving license.
- A bank card on which the sum of the deposit will be blocked.
After this you will need to choose a car and insurance package.
The cost of car rental for 3 days and for 7 days
The car rented in Salzburg will unconditionally be quite new and in good repair. In order to determine the rental cost, it is necessary to choose the class and the rental term.
|Category||3 days’ rental term||7 days’ rental term|
|Mini||80-170 Euro||160-290 Euro|
|Economy||85-220 Euro||140-230 Euro|
|Standard||140-330 Euro||280-420 Euro|
|Premium||305-850 Euro||650-1250 Euro|
|Wagon||120-420 Euro||230-545 Euro|
|Utility vehicle||370-560 Euro||450-1100 Euro|
|Shelter carrier||340-620 Euro||550-1150 Euro|
How to drive a car without violating the road traffic regulations
The road traffic regulations in this city are no different from the ones in force all over the country and in Europe as well. Speed limitations are standard as well as the requirements to the safety belts, carrying children and blood alcohol level. It is necessary to remember that you shouldn’t hope for the favor of local policemen in the event of the violation of road traffic regulations. In addition, do not try agreeing with the policeman.
There are the main requirements:
- The maximum speed allowed in the city is 50 km/h.
- Violation of parking regulations and causing obstructions are strictly forbidden.
- Talking on the mobile phone without a hands-free device is strictly forbidden.
- Driving through a red light is not allowed. The cameras which fix such violations are installed everywhere.
The fines are rather severe. They increase depending on the grade of the violation. Exceeding the speed limit by 20 km/h costs cheaper than exceeding this limit by 70 km/h.
Important information about car insurance
In order to hire a car in Salzburg, you need to learn the insurance conditions beforehand. As a rule, the standard packages are allowed with a franchise which stipulates possible expenditures in the event of contingencies. Three following insurance lines are obligatory:
- 3rd (Third) partyliability – this is the package of the civil liability for causing damage to third parties.
- CDW (CollisionDamageWaiver) – this is the package which covers the damage to the car except for glasses, mirrors and wheels.
- TheftWaiver – this is the package which provides insurance from car theft.
For those who want to travel without thinking about the possible difficulties, there is a full insurance package with a zero franchise. Our company is ready to offer you a package which takes all risks into consideration. This insurance package will guarantee you calm during your trip around Austria.
Parking and fuel stations in Salzburg
Like in any European city, there is a big problem with parking a car in Salzburg. The main regulations are the following:
- It is necessary to pay the car park at the parking lot on work days from 09:00 till 18:00. Some parking spaces ought to be paid before 19:00.
- On Saturday, you can also have to pay money at many parking lots. A special sign, on which the hours when it is necessary to buy a ticket are written, will warn you about this.
- On Sunday and on weekends, the parking days in Salzburg may not be paid. Parking is free on these days.
- Parking places are marked with blue marking.
- Parking meters which sell parking tickets do not give change. This is necessary to be taken into consideration beforehand. At that you need to save enough coins to make a payment.
- The longest parking time is at the city car park of Salzburg. It is equal to 3 hours. Such a parking place costs 3.9 Euro.
- The fine for illegal parking or parking a car within more time than allowed is 25 Euro.
At that there are ground level and underground parking lots where it is possible to park a car for one day or more. If you need to get such a service, learn where such a car park is located and how much parking a car there will cost beforehand.
The fuel station in Salzburg and outside the city have approximately the same price level and excellent quality of fuel. As a rule, the car renter receives a car with a full tank and shall return it with a full tank as well.