Prices for car rental at Zurich Airport:
Fiat PuntoNumber of days: 770 EurFord FiestaNumber of days: 790 EurVW PoloNumber of days: 7100 Eur
Audi A3Number of days: 7110 EurMini CabrioNumber of days: 7160 EurFord C-MaxNumber of days: 7100 Eur
Audi A6Number of days: 7170 EurMERCEDES SNumber of days: 7250 EurBMW 5 SeriesNumber of days: 7220 Eur
Range RoverNumber of days: 7200 EurAudi Q5Number of days: 7220 EurBMW X5Number of days: 7265 Eur
(Русский) Теги “Популярные направления”Number of days:Audi A6Number of days: 7Range RoverNumber of days: 7Audi Q7Number of days: 7Nissan X-trailNumber of days: 7Audi Q5Number of days: 7BMW X5Number of days: 7(Русский) Телефоны в подвалеNumber of days:(Русский) ТелефонNumber of days:Fiat PuntoNumber of days: 7
The city of Zurich in northeastern Switzerland allows perfectly combine business trips, family, cultural and tourist holiday. Here are the best museums and historic sites in Switzerland, conducted a fascinating festivals, as well as running one of the huge water park in Europe. In the winter for outdoor activities the city has become a base for travel to ski resorts and explore the area with beautiful natural scenery.
If you are used to manage their own route, and do not want to spend time on the tightened group tours, the daily rental car – your option. Save time and book the car at the company office which is located directly at the terminal. In this case, immediately after the landing of an aircraft and to obtain their luggage you can get behind the wheel of individual transport and travel in the hotel or on the first exposure to Zurich.
In the terminal, there are offices of the world's leading rental: Avis, Budget, SIXT, EuropCar, Alamo. Outside the airport, you will also find many rental companies, but note that their parking lots are at some distance from the place of arrival and you have to take care of the taxi or another shuttle. You can also order the delivery of the car, but in this case you can say goodbye to the saved money.
What you need to know to everyone to rent a car in Zurich:
- Firstly, the minimum age of a driver can be 18 (in some companies – 19).
- Secondly, you will need a driver's license, credit card and voucher payment the reservation (if ordered the car on the internet).
- Third – for all tenants to 25 years provided the safety tax. With other conditions of hire advise to carefully read by reading the lease.
Rental: the average price in Zurich
As everywhere in Switzerland, in Zurich the cost of rolling car is one of the highest in Europe. But that was said, you can find an inexpensive car – it is necessary to look for! We recommend you book in advance. This simple step in some cases, save you more than a dozen euros. In addition, pre-read the card for additional services: insurance, navigation system, seats for children. Perhaps something cheaper in another company, and being "on wheels" at the airport, you can pick up the necessary accessories from all over the city.
|Category||For 3 days||7 days|
|Mini||162-171 euro||275-305 euro|
|Economy||147-200 euro||250-340 euro|
|Normal||216-340 euro||370-565 euro|
|Lux||449-626 euro||700-1025 euros|
|Versatile||251-344 euro||390-610 euro|
|SUV||309-353 euro||375-504 euro|
So, all in Zurich cheaper cost of economy-class car, but great demand for mini and standard midsize cars. Before the final choice be sure to check out our offers from several companies. The most convenient way to search the car on sites scanners, which provide information from all the possible options.
Toll roads, limited speed
If you are outside Zurich travel are not going on the toll roads can be not worried, though vignette is usually included in the rent. Dresses need to tolls on motorways (labeled green and white sign that looks similar to our "Highway"). Traveling on the trailer or trailer? In this case, we need one more vignette. The aisles of the city travel free, but do not break the speed modes suggested:
- in the city – 50 km / h;
- in the District (outside the village) – 80 km / h;
- on the road – 100 km / h;
- on the motorway – 120 km / h.
Some streets in the center of Zurich is completely pedestrian and travel there impossible. In the residential districts driving speed can be limited to 30 km / h. So take care of pedestrians, cyclists, children, as well as reduce noise near the houses.
Speeding at restriction of 50 kilometers per hour it is considered to be + 3-5 km / h and on the track at 120 km / h can be fined already for 7 km / h. In many places in Zurich are cameras that capture traffic violations. Especially a lot of these devices in the streets Buheggstrasse, after Hardbrücke.
SDA – for which the penalty prescribed in Zurich
Do not forget that Zurich – a city where many foreigners come, so the roads should behave very carefully and strictly follow the rules of the road. Here are the items that follow will protect you from huge fines:
- seat belts – always wearing;
- children up to 7 years – in the child seat, 12 years old and shorter than 150 centimeters – in the back seat wearing seat or child seat in the front;
- signal – banned in the dark;
- mobile phone – only with the "Hands free";
- lights – are required in the tunnel and in the daytime – daylight;
- radar detectors – are prohibited;
- the maximum blood-alcohol level for drivers with experience up to 1 year – 0.2 ppm for all other – 0.5 ppm;
- Pedestrians always have priority – stop at the junction necessarily even if a pedestrian doubts.
The largest fine imposed on drunk drivers and fans drive (figures are in euros):
|Over speed||From 38 to 695 (and higher)|
|Improper parking||From 38 to 76|
|Exceeding the permissible level of alcohol in the blood||From 476 to 952|
|Directions included without headlights||38|
|Travel without a seatbelt||57|
|Talking on a cell without the "Hands free"||95|
|Children without car seats||57|
In addition, when you get a car from distributors, check the insurance certificate on emissions, registration on the car and, of course, do not forget in the office of their rights. The machine must be a warning triangle.
How to insure a rental car in Zurich?
In fact, it will already be insured in several packages, including the policy in the event of accidents and theft, as well as mandatory liability insurance (3rd (Third) party liability).
Luxury cars and other machines, the cost of which is higher than average, can be insured on a package Collision Damage Waiver. For the most part this is an analogue of our helmets. If you have little experience or driving in a foreign country you are new, it is advisable to book full insurance for your car hire. After the signing of the technical condition and the tenancy agreement on your shoulders rests the responsibility for the slightest scratch, will appear on the vehicle during use.
Fill up with petrol, diesel, gas
The fuel policy of the bulk of the distribution companies is the same: taking the car with a full tank, you will need to recover completely filled transport, so you'll have to buy fuel anyway. For the shortage of tenants deduct money from your credit card.
Refuel in Zurich can be around the clock. At gas stations sell unleaded petrol 98 and 95, as well as diesel fuel, it is very rare – gas. Average prices:
- Bleifrei 95 – 1,47-1,49 euros.
- Bleifrei 98 – 1,52-1,54 euros.
- Diesel – 1,51-1,53 euros.
- LPG – 0,84-0,86 euros.
Park your car in the center of Zurich
Let's start with the traditional Swiss "colored" car parks – they are in every village of the country. This outdoor area, marked by special color borders:
- Blue or red. Parking fee is required to dial a parking disc (available at police stations, shops, travel agencies). Can be 90 minutes / 15 hours, respectively, the value of 0.5 to 4 Euro / hour.
- White color. Parking is free, if there is no sign informing others or parking machine that sells tickets. In such areas, parking may be limited to 1-2 hours (read the signs).
- Yellow. No Parking.
At night and on weekends, many street parking are free.
Where else can you park in Zurich:
- Covered parking. There are not far from the city center. The cost of each hour business time will cost you 1 franc (about 0.8 euros) more expensive, and the usual time – 1.5-2 euros.
- Parking at the stores. You can leave the car at the time of purchase. This option is in many shopping centers is free, but controlled. In the center of two hours you can park around Letzipark, and a fee of 1.2 to 2.7 euros per hour – in the underground parking Media Markt. On the outskirts of Zurich near the shopping center Glatt parking lot completely free.
Leave the car in the wrong place is too expensive (38 to 76 euros), as, indeed, and linger in the parking lot beyond the limit of the paid (38 euros).
Cheap rent a car, you can also in the following cities:
- Geneva – economy class from 32 euros per night