Important information about car rental in Madrid
Fiat PuntoNumber of days: 755 EurFord FiestaNumber of days: 750 EurVW PoloNumber of days: 765 Eur
MERCEDES B-classNumber of days: 795 EurMini CabrioNumber of days: 7130 EurCitroen DS3Number of days: 7100 Eur
Audi A6Number of days: 7160 EurBMW X5Number of days: 7220 EurVW PassatNumber of days: 7120 Eur
Range RoverNumber of days: 7210 EurNissan X-trailNumber of days: 7150 EurAudi Q5Number of days: 7210 Eur
(Русский) Теги “Популярные направления”Number of days:Audi A6Number of days: 7Range RoverNumber of days: 7Audi Q7Number of days: 7Nissan X-trailNumber of days: 7Audi Q5Number of days: 7BMW X5Number of days: 7(Русский) Телефоны в подвалеNumber of days:(Русский) ТелефонNumber of days:Fiat PuntoNumber of days: 7
Read this website section in order to get acquainted with useful advice on hiring a car in Madrid, the capital of Spain. Learn it, and you will manage to hire a car quickly and without any difficulties.
Madrid is an enormous city, the capital of Spain and dream of many travelers. What can be better than hiring a car and bringing your dreams connected with Spain to life? This task can most simply be fulfilled right at the Madrid airport. This is because the offices of car rental companies are located at practically every terminal. It is also necessary to know that the offices of car rental companies are located in the city itself. However, you need to reach the city. This means the loss of time and some organizational difficulties since the Madrid airport is enormous.
It would be best of all to start looking for a suitable car within one and a half or even two months before the start of the trip. In this case, you can choose not only the class of the car but also fuel, additional equipment and the best rental conditions. If it is necessary to install the in-car navigation system or child seats, you should discuss everything beforehand so that all necessary accessories will be installed on time.
The car rental cost in Madrid includes:
- Unlimited mileage (It is important to take into consideration!).
- Payment of local taxes.
- Insurance (full or with a franchise).
- 24 hour phone call support during the trip.
The following devices shall be separately paid:
- One or more child seats.
- In-car navigation system with the latest version of Spanish cards.
Car rental cost in Madrid
The cost of car park in the capital of Spain differs depending on the class of the car, rental term as well as on additional conditions. The cheapest rental cost is for the term of more than one week. The price for renting a car for two days is more expensive. You should deny the fact that the prices for car rental are quite affordable. You will manage to hire a car without paying a lot of money irrespective of whether you have come to Madrid for a weekend or planned a long journey around the country.
In order to get the service, you need to have the international driving license and a credit card whose standard is not lower than Classic. The age of the driver should be at least 21 years old. However, some companies establish the age of 24. If you are younger, you will have to pay additional money.
|Category||3 days’ rental term||7 days’ rental term|
|Mini||35-85 Euro||65-170 Euro|
|Economy||40-110 Euro||70-180 Euro|
|Standard||115-120 Euro||160-340 Euro|
|Premium||400-640 Euro||590-740 Euro|
|Wagon||120-200 Euro||110-320 Euro|
|Utility vehicle||180-450 Euro||250-500 Euro|
|Shelter carrier||150-330 Euro||340-450 Euro|
Speed limitations in Madrid
Like in the whole Spain, you are not allowed to speed up to more than 50 km/h in the city. The maximum speed allowed outside the city is 100 km/h. You can make not more than 130 km/h on expressways. The cameras are stablished in such a way that they follow every violator and will definitely fix any offence. The fines for the violations of road traffic regulations are high. There are some fines you will have to pay when driving a rental car in Madrid:
- Driving children without child seats – up to 200 Euro;
- Unfastened safety belt – up to 200 Euro;
- Talking on the mobile phone without a hands-free device – 200 Euro.
The fine for speed infringement in Madrid is from 100 till 500 Euro.
Insurance with and without a franchise
Spain is a country where practically all drivers observe the road traffic regulations. That is exactly why you will need the insurance packages from car theft, causing damage to the car and third parties. In Madrid, the insurance policy can be formed with a franchise. This guarantees the decreasing of the insurance premium. The standard insurance packages are often included in the car rental cost.
Important! If you wish, it is possible to form a full package with a zero franchise at our company. This package will cost a little bit more expensive than the standard variant. However, you will be calm in any situation since you have foreseen everything beforehand.
The cost of fuel in the capital of Spain
Like in the whole Spain, In Madrid, the cars are filled with fuel 95, fuel 98 as well as with diesel fuel. There is an interesting point. You can fill not only the tank but also a canister of up to 10 liters. This will be useful if you do not find a fuel station when you need it. The cost of fuel in the city is average:
- Fuel 95 costs 1.38 Euro.
- The price of one liter of fuel 98 is 1.50 Euro.
- The price for one liter of diesel fuel is 1.34 Euro.
Parking a car in Madrid
It is highly possible to find a car park in Madrid. However, you should know some regulations:
- The blue zone means that you need to purchase a parking ticket on your own. It can be done at the parking meter which is situated in close proximity. But the parking time is limited. On work days, you can park your car from 09:00 till 14:00 and from 16:00 till 21:00. On Saturday and on Sunday, it is possible to park a car only at morning hours. One parking hour costs 1.5 Euro. It should be noted that the closer the car park is to the city, the more expensive a parking hour costs.
- Parking a car for a long time is possible at one of the underground parking lots. There are quite many of these lots in Madrid. The convenience lies in the fact that the visual display unit will inform you about the availability of vacant places. The parking meter which sells parking tickets is located near the lifting gate. When leaving the parking space, you just need to give this ticket and the money to the cashier. One parking days costs 22 Euro.
- Siesta is a blessed time when you can park your car for free. But you need to follow the road signs in order not to park your car at the lot earmarked for the disabled or for local residents.