Prices for rental cars in Greece
Fiat PuntoNumber of days: 775 EurFord FiestaNumber of days: 770 EurPeugeot 107Number of days: 770 Eur
MERCEDES B-classNumber of days: 7135 EurOpel AstraNumber of days: 7100 EurCitroen DS3Number of days: 7110 Eur
Ford FiestaNumber of days: 7100 EurVW PoloNumber of days: 7100 EurPeugeot 107Number of days: 770 Eur
Mini CabrioNumber of days: 7160 EurOpel AstraNumber of days: 7120 EurCitroen DS3Number of days: 7125 Eur
(Русский) Теги “Популярные направления”Number of days:Audi A6Number of days: 7Range RoverNumber of days: 7Audi Q7Number of days: 7Nissan X-trailNumber of days: 7Audi Q5Number of days: 7BMW X5Number of days: 7(Русский) Телефоны в подвалеNumber of days:(Русский) ТелефонNumber of days:Fiat PuntoNumber of days: 7
Subtleties of hire cars in Greece
Airport – one of the best places where the traveler can rent a car in Greece with a minimum expenditure of time, money. There is a wide range of rental company, such as Alamo, Hertz, Maggiore, Budget, Avis, Thriffy, whose offices are located directly in the airport terminal. Some companies provide services in the vicinity of the airport.
Prices for rental cars there are cheaper, but have to get to the place on the free shuttle bus or that complicates the process. After the necessary documents for temporary ownership of the vehicle should check the correctness of dates, numbers, to avoid unpleasant moments in the future. Also worth visually inspect the vehicle, check the operation of the basic units, transport systems.
The average price of rental cars in Greece
If the traveler decided to rent a car, it is worth noting that the price of the service in Greece is quite democratic. Daily billing an average of 31 €. The best option, which allows to save money – book the right vehicle for a few months before the trip. Particularly relevant in this period is the high season, from July to September.
|Category||3 days, €||For 7 days, €|
Road signs on the highways are present in abundance, but the inscriptions on them – only in the Greek language. Sometimes they are difficult to understand, but speed limits still, you can understand.
Passenger vehicles are allowed to travel to Greece with the following rates:
- By motorway – 130 km / h.
- On the territory of the village – 50 km / h.
- In suburban routes – 90 km / h.
- On high-speed roads, you can reach speeds up to 110 km / h.
Major penalties for violation of traffic rules
Violations of the rules of traffic rules in Greece is punishable under the law, but we should know some rules. Employees of traffic controls can impose a fine, a receipt, and then you can pay it within 10 days at the nearest branch of the bank. Amount of the fine is quite substantial, it all depends on the type, severity of the violation:
- Speeding can cost from 40 € to 350 €, while the motorist may be deprived of rights for up to 3 months.
- Drinking and driving will cost the violator in the amount of 200 € to 2000 €. If the degree of intoxication was substantial, the motorist can lose the rights for 5 years up to six months in prison.
- Transportation of a child without a special child seat is fined the sum of 80 €.
- Unfastened seat belt as a passenger, and the driver will cost the vehicle owner 80 €.
- Using a cell phone while driving without a headset driver will cost 100 €, while he loses the right driving for a period of 30 days.
Insurance for the period of the rental car in Greece
When you rent a car at the place of registration of the contract is expected for the following types of insurance:
- Insurance for damage caused by third parties or policy Third Party Liability Insurance.
- Vehicle Theft Waiver, which becomes a reliable protection for the motorist in the event of a robbery.
- Collision Damage Waiver CDW – a package that any damage occurred as a result of a collision on the road.
- During the hijacking of transport package provided Theft Protection, limiting the responsibility of the customer.
- Coverage for personal expenses that have occurred as a result of the accident.
When preparing documents motorist should clarify what kind of vehicle damage, he is personally responsible, and charges are not included in the amount of insurance. Most often, the temporary responsibility falls on the owner of transport such things as the loss of, damage to tires, side windows, rear window, windshield. In the rental cost also check the availability of additional insurance for reimbursement of the franchise, we provide 3 side.
Franchise is the sum, which is blocked on the client's credit card as a deposit, its insurance coverage is not provided. The insurance company may reimburse only the damage that exceeds the amount of the franchise. Its size depends on the type of insurance package, what you should consider before you sign a contract. We must first find out what the company offers, which include an insurance.
Full extra insurance.
Also, all travelers can take advantage of a unique opportunity to purchase a complete package of insurance services for the entire rental period, and in several different ways:
- Get insurance directly to the company's website Travelocars directly at the time of booking the vehicle. The service is provided online, the whole process is carried out from home for a couple of minutes. This is convenient, because the vehicles will be damaged, the amount of bail vozvraaetsya directly by our company.
- At the conclusion of the contract of insurance is required to read the terms, select the best option. This may be a "pledge compensation up to 750 €" or "full compensation pledge to 3,000 euros."
- A full range of insurance services as made out in the office rental company, during the preparation of the vehicle. However, it is worth considering that in this case, the cost of a full insurance package will cost the motorist to the 45-50% more expensive.
Prices for gasoline / diesel
Fuel is sold in Greece, the territory of the specially equipped areas, where leaded gasoline is not available. Depending on the type of motor vehicle can be charged with gas, diesel, gasoline 95, 100. Prices for fuel filling stations on the territory of almost the same in the city, suburbs, make the following figures for 1 liter:
|Petrol 95||Gasoline 100||LPG||Diesel fuel|
|1,582 €||1,702 €||0,734 €||1,237 €|
It is advisable to fill a full tank, as carried in jerry cans of fuel on the roads, ferries in Greece is strictly prohibited.
Parking in Greece. The cost and the basic rules
For parking of vehicles in the country there is a special place designated color or traffic signs. Lots of parking for blue may be used only by locals. If the traveler takes the place would have to pay a fine, which is payable within 10 days. For vehicles, special services, the privileged parking is allowed in the areas of yellow. Arriving visitors should leave the rental car in the parking lot marked with white.
The rate for parking is as follows:
- During the first 2 hours. The parking will have to pay 0,5 €.
- The following 2.5-3 h. Will cost the owner of a car in 4-6 €.
To pay for services on weekdays must be in the interval of time from 9:00 to 21:00, if the calendar Saturday – from 9:00 to 16:00.