Car Hire in Cyprus, the basic rates:
Fiat PuntoNumber of days: 775 EurVW PoloNumber of days: 790 EurFord FiestaNumber of days: 780 Eur
Audi A3Number of days: 7120 EurMERCEDES B-classNumber of days: 7160 EurCitroen DS3Number of days: 7110 Eur
MERCEDES SNumber of days: 7250 EurBMW 5 SeriesNumber of days: 7200 EurVW PassatNumber of days: 7125 Eur
Range RoverNumber of days: 7210 EurAudi Q7Number of days: 7260 EurBMW X5Number of days: 7260 Eur
(Русский) Теги “Популярные направления”Number of days:Audi A6Number of days: 7Range RoverNumber of days: 7Audi Q7Number of days: 7Nissan X-trailNumber of days: 7Audi Q5Number of days: 7BMW X5Number of days: 7(Русский) Телефоны в подвалеNumber of days:(Русский) ТелефонNumber of days:Fiat PuntoNumber of days: 7
Rent a car at the airport in Cyprus: the main advantages
Travel through the picturesque Cyprus is very convenient by car, rent one of the island's airport. A total of two in Larnaca and Paphos.
- Larnaca. First magnitude. It located at a distance of 5 km from the city. On the territory of the airport are located the offices of several well-known car rental companies. All of them offer a wide range of vehicles of various classes, models, equipment and cost.
- Paphos. A little less than Larnaca. Not so long ago upgraded the airport, and now its territory has a souvenir shop, a cafe, a restaurant and even a bank. There is also open offices of famous car rental companies who care about the comfort of its customers.
Immediately upon arrival, you can go to any office, where he immediately offered several options that you are interested in, whether it's cars or premium budget.
During high season, it makes sense to take care of in advance of a vehicle, because the large influx of tourists could be reduced to a minimum range of cars. To avoid this, it is recommended to contact the company Travelocars, where it is possible to book a car online. It is best to do it for 10-45 days prior to arrival in order to choose the model that appeal. Furthermore, such a method would cost a little less rent.
Average prices of rental cars in Cyprus
|Category||In 3 days, €||For 7 days, €|
Prices are valid for cars with manual transmission. If you need automatic – the cost is higher by 15-45 euros.
Check the vehicle can be performed at any time, but the smaller the days transportation will be in use, the more expensive it will cost.
It is important to know that the island of left-hand traffic. So you should think twice before you rent a car if you do not have sufficient driving experience and confidence, it is best to order a car with a driver.
In Cyprus, the demand that the tenant was driving experience more than 3 years. Machines offer customers who have already turned 25 years old. If the age is less, as in many countries, must pay a fee for the "young driver". After the execution of 70 years to operate a vehicle is not permitted.
Speed limits on roads in Cyprus
The island has strict speed limits.
- Within settlements movement speed can not exceed 50 km / h.
- If there are no further restrictions, then outside towns and villages can accelerate to 80 km / h.
- On multi-lane highways are restricted maximum speed and minimum which are 100 and 65 km / h, respectively.
During movement it is necessary to wear seat driver and passenger in the front seat. For non-observance of this rule are fined, as well as for many other disorders.
On road signs speed limits are indicated in kilometers per hour.
Fines for traffic violations
Immediately it should be noted that the fines are not paid on the spot. Police officers discharged a receipt, and then have to go to the office or the traffic police or the Department of Transportation – it depends on the severity of the violation.
- Talking on a cell shall be punished by penalty in the amount of 85 euros. Moreover, the phone can not even just to keep in your hand while driving, as it is regarded as an attempt to collect a message, and therefore constitutes a flagrant violation.
- 85 euro will also have to pay for a seat belt.
- Speeding fine, too. In this case, operate as follows: If the speed is exceeded by no more than 25%, will have to pay for every extra kilometer 1.8 euros. If dispersed more put a limit of 25-50%, the number of kilometers will need to be multiplied by 3.45 euros. Exceed the speed of 2 times – multiply all the extra kilometer to 5.15 euros. For example, if in the village was a restrictive sign 50 km / h and the driver was driving 75 km / h, the offender will have to pay 45 euros.
- Also severely punished for drunk driving. This is one of the most serious offenses in Cyprus. The alcohol content in the breath can not be more than 0.5 ppm. Here too there are important nuance:
- If the readings are fixed presence of alcohol in the blood of 0.45 to 0.49 ppm – the driver cautioned.
- If the alcohol content 0,5-0,79 ppm – the driver will be fined 100 euros, and detained until the arrival of a man who can bring the offender and his vehicle to the parking lot.
- If the alcohol level reaches 1.25 ppm – the driver will be fined 200 euros, and also not let go until you arrive a man ready to take care of the intoxicated offender.
- The fine is 300 euros, if the driver's blood alcohol up to 1.6 ppm.
- If the alcohol level exceeds 1.6 ppm mark – the driver waits for the trial, during which the amount of the fine will be set and other preventive measures.
- 85 euros – a fine for failure to benefits traffic at a crosswalk.
- 25 euros – the penalty for use of the audio signal from 21 to 6.00.
- Parking in the wrong place punishable by a fine of 85 euros.
Even though the driver – a tourist, he may be arrested for drunk driving.
It is also forbidden to eat, drink and smoke in the passenger compartment (if there is a child who is not yet 16 years old).
Insurance rental car in Cyprus
During the registration of the contract rent rental companies always offer customers insurance. It is necessary to ensure that in the event of unforeseen situations relieve some financial responsibility to the tenant. There are several types of insurance:
- Limits the liability for damage to the machine body from the collision. The service does not include the coating tire repair, new windows and headlights.
- Limits the liability for damage to third parties.
- Provides for reimbursement of costs in case of accident.
- Insurance against theft.
You can take out insurance with a deductible and without. Franchise – a pledge that block your credit card in case of accident and is used to pay for repairs. The insurance reimburses only damage that exceeds the size of the franchise.
Whatever insurance you have not paid, it will not be valid if at the time of the incident, you were intoxicated or in a rented car crossed the border between the Greek and Turkish parts of Cyprus.
Fuels and cost
Gas stations on the island there. For sale is a fuel of the 95th, 98th, and diesel fuel.
- 95th gasoline costs an average of 1.34 euros per liter.
- 98th petrol will cost 1.37 euros per liter.
- Diesel fuel is a little cheaper – 1.29 euros per liter.
The predominant majority of rental company in Cyprus provide a car rental with a full tank. The price of fuel at the same time a little cheaper than at the pump. You can return the car with an empty tank. These details shall be specified in the lease car.
Transporting fuel in cans is prohibited.
If the place indicated by a yellow double line – there can neither park nor stop.
- At the site, which is indicated by a single yellow line, parking is prohibited: you can only stop to pick it up or drop off passengers.
- For people with disabilities free parking.
- In the center of some city parking fee, and the cost is 0.5-0.7 euros per hour from Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 18.00.
- Park the machine can only be in the direction of traffic flow. Otherwise, it is a violation punishable by a fine of 85 euros.
See our prices in other cities
Ad: The best beaches in Cyprus – 1001beach.com